This backpack was tested for back comfort in a 60-clinic-wide test of 50 backpacks, and was chosen as the best! Used by kids for school, by adults for travel, work, and hiking, this backpack series is providing comfort & help.
SIZE Large: 23"x12"x9", Fits Adults 5'3" - 6'3", Capacity: 2,800 cu"
SIZE Medium: 18.5"x11.5"x9.5", Fits Teens - Adults 5'10", Capacity: 2,200 cu."
SIZE Small: 16"x9.5"x8.5", Fits 6yrs-5'2", Capacity: 1,300 cu." **
SIZE X-Small: 16"x9.5"x8.5", Fits 5-11 years, Capacity: 1,120 cu."**
MATERIAL: 400 Denier Packcloth
• Unique ergonomic pack for students and day hikers - takes weight of heavy books off shoulders and upper back
• Control straps fine tune load distribution between your shoulders and hips.
• Mini internal frame takes the strain of heavy books off your upper back.
• Sternum strap distributes the load across the breastplate and pulls the shoulder straps closer together, eliminating under-the-arm pressure.
• Shoulder pads have thick, sturdy foam to cushion load and shock.
• Mesh-covered padded back provides back comfort and ventilation.
• Adjustable back height allows precise fitting to body size.
• Padded waistbelt hugs body and aids support system.
• Large main pocket
• Drawstring and hood closure to main pocket allows easy access.
• Two small pockets on front hold pencils and other small essentials.
• Two mesh side water bottle pockets
• Zippered bottom pocket with double mesh front when ventilation is needed to keep damp items from getting musty.
• Compression straps tighten to keep load from shifting when bag is not full.
**Small & X-Small sizes do not have bottom pocket or adjustable-height backs
Why choose a Tough Traveler bag?
Our bags are handmade in Upstate New York, where we've been making great luggage, backpacks & other bags since 1970. They are well-made and durable, with unique designs & high-quality material.
"I acquired [a Tough Traveler duffel] in 1985-6?, it has flown almost a million miles, sailed for several years' worth of days and is still in use nearly every week for packing and traveling. ....... Thank you for the most amazing piece of luggage I own." - Peter Corsi, Richmond, CA