A Great Emergency Pack
"We have used [the Rescue Padre & Patrol Padre] in several countries now and they have passed ALL tests." -- Hans Ostrem, Medical Director, Rock International Medical Affairs
"...A rugged pack that will take years of abuse... One of the most comfortable packs we have ever used..." --Franklin, TN, Fire Department and the Williamson Medical Center, in the International Police Mountain Bike Association Newsletter
"Dear Tough Traveler,
I am an Adirondack Guide, professional outdoor educator, ice climber, SAR instructor, civilian and military SAR Team member and a member of Power Bar Team Elite. I am an active guy. I decided to upgrade what I was using as a SAR pack and I saw your RESCUE PADRE at a homeland security show in Albany, NY. I could not believe the construction and detail of the pack! After having a couple of packs see double and triple duty for many years, I decided that I really needed to have a pack just for SAR. Finally, I drove to Schenectady and bought a RESCUE PADRE pack.
The pack has been on many searches now and tossed in and out of the back of my Jeep more times than I can remember. It carries everything I need and wears like iron. I constantly get comments on the pack and when someone else tries it on or takes a good look at it, they always have great things to say about it. It used to be just my old school leather climbing boots my friends would covet. Now I have to keep a watchful eye on my Tough Traveler SAR pack too! I am always kidding my friends about their "Gucci Gear" when they get something new or cutting edge. Now I have my own piece of "Gucci Gear"!
||SIZE: 24" h x 12" w x 8" d" (plus three pockets, 2 @ 8"x5"x3" and 1 @ 8.5"x10"x3.5") - 2840 cu"
• Built with supports and padding and with features of our chiropractor-recommended Super Padre backpack series, the Rescue Padre offers superior back comfort for carrying necessary gear. Organizable pockets, excellent workmanship, and premium materials make this a great backpack for search-and-rescue and first response. Fits average to tall individuals, and has adjustable back-length, with an excellent suspension and support system.
• Fully-padded, breathable-mesh back
• 1" thick, wide waistbelt and 3/4" thick shoulder straps for superior support.
• Load-control straps, sternum strap, and curved-rod internal frame for balance and weight control.
• Aluminum stay in back aids adjustment, controls larger loads, and increases comfort
• Front pocket organized for intubation items, with elastic slots and internal pocket with clear vinyl window
• Interior features four open, color-coded pockets with elastic tops
• Main pocket is large enough for C-size oxygen cylinder
• Exterior zippered padded pocket on one side, and open padded radio pocket on the other side exterior
• Three level adjustable back to fit most people from 5'3" up to 6'4" tall
• Generous lower-level zippered pocket keeps weight well-balanced. Optional mesh closure of lower-level pocket allows damp items to be ventilated
• Internal pouch for your hydration pack
• Clear vinyl window on front for identification/information tag
• Drawstring top opening with water-resistant hood
• Reflective tape to aid in night searches
• Made in USA using premium workmanship and materials, including water-resistant 400 d. packcloth, YKK zippers, and heavy-duty webbing
• Patent Pending